Sunday, July 17, 2005

July 3rd 2005 - Grant Park








The kids and I went to Grant Park/Millenium Park for the July 4th weekend festivities. One of my friends actually comes here every year with a bunch of couples and their children - so this was a neat family friendly event downtown Chicago. It was nothing like I expected. I had assumed that the kids and I would be standing in a large crowd on concrete being squished by millions. Turns out these people come at 7 am every year the day of the fireworks to a grassy tree lined hill top on the corner of Monroe and Columbus. Who knew? Anyway - we camped out and had a great time with the other families and kids. We danced, we grilled out, and we watched a fantastic fireworks display that was set to music by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. It was a magical night for the kids and I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home